Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 12 August 2011

Another Beautiful Day in ... Chicago!

Posted on 07:38 by Unknown
It looks like today will be another beautiful day!

Chris and I are enjoying a short visit with Aaron and Jenny.  Today we're going to take in the Chicago Botanical Garden and then after Aaron grills some chicken cordon bleu and potato fans, we'll take a trip to IKEA. There is no IKEA where we live and Chris has to take advantage of being this close to one.

I'm enjoying the visit and the fine variety of food. Wednesday night, we had dinner at a Japanese BBQ restaurant called Gyu Kaku. Last night was a Memphis style BBQ place (I don't know the name) that was very good. Tonight, Aaron does his thing on the charcoal grill and tomorrow night will be an awesome dog at the ball park! It's pretty tough trying to keep an eye on the weight when there is so much that is so good. I may be too scared to check the scale when we get back home! (Maybe the walking will help a little bit.)

For the most part, I'm just enjoying the visit with the kids. Jenny seems to be doing great at her job with Collins Engineering. Aaron continues in school and working for a parking company (mostly when the Cubs are in town). If you're making the trip to Chicago to see the Cubs, contact me and I can hook you up with inexpensive parking a couple of blocks from Wrigley!

One other thing: my niece recently started working for a company called NOI (New Organizing Institute). The first article she wrote for their website quickly received more hits than any article previously written for them. Here is her most recent post. Give it a read and share it with your friends. I think that it's a great article and I'm just a little proud of the author. I'd love to hear that this one also generated a lot of traffic for their website!

Time to get on with the day.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in personal stuff | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ▼  August (14)
      • 545
      • Update on Persecution
      • Giving an Account
      • Looking for a Candidate for Public Office
      • Guarding Against the Negative
      • Persecuted for Jesus
      • Fair Warning
      • Just Do It!
      • Quick Post
      • Bad Behavior; Bad Testimony
      • Another Beautiful Day in ... Chicago!
      • Politics (again)
      • Labels
      • Hardships (or mere inconveniences?)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile