Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Hero Worship

Posted on 01:15 by Unknown
I've never been much on hero worship--maybe it's because there are few that are qualified for true hero status. And I guess that everybody has their own standards for what qualifies as a hero.

From the website of the 107 Ranch:

Any man, woman, or child can be a H.E.R.O. with humility, endurance, relationship, and obedience which all begins and ends with Jesus Christ.

I can live with that. Using that as a qualifier for hero status, take the time to read about a guy that just may meet the standard to be called a genuine HERO.

Read the article, then come on back. I'll wait.

I like that guy--and not just because he's a great baseball player. He really seems like he's a great guy, too. It has to be hard to keep humble and to remember his roots and to serve in Christian obedience when he is one of the all-time great baseball players.

I don't know if Albert would make the hero status in your world, I'm not even sure that I'd say he's a hero in mine; but I do know that he is a hero to many young people in his homeland and around the world of baseball. He is an ambassador--an Ambassador of Christ, an ambassador of baseball, an ambassador of many that are much less fortunate due to poverty or disability.

I'd have to say that Albert Pujols is one of the good guys...and a reminder that we all can make a difference. We may not be able to sponsor a medical mission to a foreign country, but we can help our neighbors or contribute in some way in our local community.

Do something nice for somebody today--little or large--and come back to share it with the rest of us!

John





Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in message, personal stuff | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ▼  July (10)
      • Something From the Fat Boy
      • Monday Morning Quarterback
      • Happy Birthday!
      • Friday funnies
      • Hero Worship
      • Summer Re-runs
      • Who is Your God?
      • Looking Back, Living Ahead
      • When Small Business Turns to Corporate Greed
      • Happy 4th of July!
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile