Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 25 July 2010

Happy Birthday!

Posted on 11:02 by Unknown
To be more correct, I suppose it should be "Happy Anniversary"

Out of My Hat wasn't really born on the 25th of July, 2006, but that is the date that it was first published. Looking back, that very first post is still one of my favorites...and I still think that I need to write that book.

I don't really expect that to happen until I decide that I'm willing to commit a set amount of time to write on a daily basis. I haven't even been able to keep a faithful time for posting regularly on this blog. How could I ever manage a book?

Out of My Hat hasn't changed much in four years. I've added a few widgets to see who is reading and a recent addition to count down to retirement. Topics are about as varied as I originally expected but I feel like I should do more under the label of "Favorite Bible Stories" or "message".

I'd like for you to endure fewer rants on politics or religion but they seem to be a pretty big part of discussions in society so I'll probably continue with the occasional thought here. I'd like to write about more fun stuff--fun for me to write about as well as fun for you to read. In the beginning, this started out as something that I was doing for me. I never would have guessed that I would have regular readers from around the globe or that I would make friends from so many countries. I feel a little bit obligated to provide some meaningful writing instead of writing about "the life of John" most of the time.

I'll try to look at this day as a new beginning. I want to recapture the fleeting enthusiasm for writing that was here four years ago. I really do want to write more often. I think that Facebook, Twitter and other social media sources have contributed to a decline in blogging. Several once regular bloggers have quit writing blogs for the ease of the short "status update" or "tweet" about their current moment by moment situation. I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with the decline in the frequency of my posts.

Originally, I thought that I'd be posting once, maybe twice, per week. At times it was much more often than that. Other times it was only a couple of posts that were weeks apart. I'll try to be more consistent and get back to the once or twice per week where I started.

In any case, if you've been with me from the beginning (or reading for some time), Thanks for your loyalty. If you're relatively new to Out of My Hat, stick around. We'll have some fun, discuss a variety of topics and enjoy the daily input from blogs and bloggers from around the globe.

John

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in fun stuff, Getting started, personal stuff | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ▼  July (10)
      • Something From the Fat Boy
      • Monday Morning Quarterback
      • Happy Birthday!
      • Friday funnies
      • Hero Worship
      • Summer Re-runs
      • Who is Your God?
      • Looking Back, Living Ahead
      • When Small Business Turns to Corporate Greed
      • Happy 4th of July!
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile