Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 9 March 2012

The Way. The Truth. The Life.

Posted on 10:05 by Unknown
From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Jesus. I truly appreciate my readers that have different religious beliefs and yet choose to read my posts anyway. I do want to maintain a dialogue that allows us to freely share the things that we each believe.

However, a couple of things have prompted me to write this now--a letter from an atheist to the Christian Left Facebook page, and a conversation with an unbeliever.

It is important for you to know that even though I accept that we don't all have the same views on God, Jesus, heaven, hell, afterlife and a host of spiritual things; it doesn't mean that I think that there are many ways to heaven or that all religions have eternal value before God.

A friend recently commented that he could talk to me and I wasn't like other Christians that were always wanting to tell him that he's going to hell if he doesn't believe in God or in Jesus as Savior. I told him that I wanted him to know that he could always talk to me and I would do my best to answer any questions that he might have. But I also told him that it was important that he knows that I also believe that ... well, that he's going to hell if he doesn't trust Jesus as his Savior.

In the Bible, Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

And I believe that. With all of my heart, I believe it.

Regardless of your beliefs, you are welcome to stop by and read my posts. You are welcome to disagree with me. You are welcome to leave comments or ask questions.

And if the Holy Spirit is tugging at your heart and you are not sure of how to respond, you can contact me by comment, Facebook message, e-mail or phone.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in personal stuff, religion | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ▼  March (14)
      • Do Not Turn to the Right ... Nor to the Left
      • St. Baldrick's Update (#3)
      • Facebook Friendships
      • St. Baldrick's Update (#2)
      • Some Stories From Children's Camp
      • Five Day Challenge
      • Intercessory Prayer
      • Weight Loss (slow and steady), Lent Week 3 and Oth...
      • Why do I go to church?
      • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
      • Why Can't We All Just Get Along?
      • Lent: Week 2
      • Let's Do Some Magic!
      • St. Baldrick's Update
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile