Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 6 December 2012

War on Christmas

Posted on 21:16 by Unknown
There are only a few minutes more than an hour to get a post in for today's date. I'll just make a couple of quick observations on the so called War on Christmas and the impact that has on me personally.

The War on Christmas has had no impact on me at all.

I suppose that I could just leave it at that but that really isn't my nature, so I'll add a few more comments.

First of all, the only places that I've heard about this War on Christmas is from Fox News programs, people that watch Fox News programs or people that make fun of Fox News Programs. I'd provide video links but you can get those on your own.

One has to ask the question, "Is there really a War on Christmas?"
Or is it just something to stir the anger of what should be the peaceful, joyous followers of Jesus?

Actually, I fully understand the limiting of nativity scenes or other Christmas decorations on governmental properties. Can you imagine the conservative entertainment complex's outrage if there were government supported displays for Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccans, atheists or other beliefs?

So far, nobody has restricted my rights to make Christmas displays on my own property or in my own home. Businesses seem free to make their own decisions on how to decorate their properties and how they greet their customers--Happy holidays or Merry Christmas.

I'm also wondering--Is the United States the only country that makes such a big deal about all of this or do other countries face these same issues each year?
I know that I have readers from several different countries around the world. would any of my international friends care to weigh in on the War on Christmas debate. I'm just curious.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Christmas, rant | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • Livin' the Good Life
    I have a pretty good   great life. You probably have a pretty good life, too; maybe even a great life. However, I have found that I can ta...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • The Benefits of Regular Posts
    I am not a regular blogger. When I started Out of My Hat , I thought that it would be nice to post something a couple of times a week or so....
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...
  • Tell Your Story
    In reading through the Gospels,, we find stories of a people that had unusual encounters with Jesus. They were unusual in that Jesus was abl...
  • The Preacher That Didn't Preach
    Wow! Talk about your oxymoron. Most of the time you can't get a preacher to stop preaching. How rare is it that you can find one that do...
  • Weekend Thoughts
    It's nice to be able to sit on the deck with my coffee and computer and reminisce about the weekend. I really enjoyed my return to Zion ...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (158)
    • ▼  December (33)
      • Incredible Kicking Exhibition
      • 2012 Is Winding Down...
      • December 31, 2012: The end of the world as we know...
      • The Old Farmer's Almanac
      • Favorite Posts...again
      • Baseball 365
      • Glory to God in the highest...
      • Christmas Eve
      • Telling the Christmas Story
      • Fiscal Cliff: What does it mean to you?
      • December Solstice
      • Joy Management
      • When the End Comes...
      • Looking for Answers (and ranting about it)
      • International Friends...
      • A Christmas Story You Can Share (Christmas reading)
      • A Day of Silence
      • Mom
      • Bonus post: Another favorite
      • Feel Good Days
      • My All-time Favorite
      • Favorite Posts
      • Music is for Everybody
      • Continuing With More Good News About the Good Guys
      • Let's Hear It for the Good Guys!
      • Christmas Readings Meeting
      • Christmas Wish List
      • War on Christmas
      • Black Thursday Laws
      • A Few Good Men
      • Is it Pride...or Jealousy?
      • First Sunday of Advent
      • December 1
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile