Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 23 September 2012

Well Rested ... NOT

Posted on 06:24 by Unknown
It's Sunday morning and I'm up and showered, had a cup of coffee and working on a second one. Chris is still sleeping so I'm keeping it quiet in the hotel room of the Stonecrest Motel in Piedmont MO.

It's not often that I spend the night before preaching going over the sermon in my head, but for some reason this was one of those rare occasions. I'm sure that I managed a complete sleep cycle (or maybe two) during the night so I'll be fine this morning. An equally rare Sunday afternoon nap may find its way into my immediate future.

This morning's message will focus on two things; briefly on 1 Peter 3:15-16 and then more closely on Matthew 16:13-16. 

The questions that Jesus posed to his followers are still valid today. Who do people say that Jesus is? and Who do you believe He is?

I knew that I had posted in the past a post titled Please Accept My Apology. I didn't realize that it was over FOUR YEARS ago! I don't know if I've actually made any of those future posts that were promised, but I have incorporated apologetics into my messages over the past four years.

In a world where presidents are condemned for apologies that they didn't make and where we are taught that an apology is a  sign of weakness, the Bible calls on us to be apologetic about our beliefs--to give a defense of why we believe what we believe. The challenge this morning is to encourage believers to follow the teaching of the Word, rather than the teaching of the world.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Favorite Bible Stories, message | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ▼  September (6)
      • Well Rested ... NOT
      • What Will You Talk About on Monday?
      • Sad, Bad, Mad.
      • Questions on Sin...
      • Book topic ... ?
      • Feelin' Good About the US of A!
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile