Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 9 May 2011

Guilty

Posted on 07:18 by Unknown
I've been feeling guilty about the fact that I haven't written in quite sometime and that my posts are getting to be quite rare.  It's not that I don't like writing--I do; or that I don't have anything to say--again, I do; it's just that I don't seem to make the time for it these days.

In fact, I barely make the time to read the few blogs that I follow and am a little bit pleased that I am not the only one that seems to be posting less often, giving me fewer blogs to read through on a regular basis.

So to alleviate my feelings of guilt over not writing, and to get over my new found compulsion to make sure that everything is thoroughly  researched and just right before publication; I'm just going to start writing. I'm not to the point of committing to writing every day yet, but I will commit to at least three times per week throughout the summer--allowing for the occasional exception due to vacation or a kid's camp away from computer access.  You may see the weekly Friday/Saturday/Sunday posts as I scramble to make my three posts each weekend, but there it is--three posts per week--feel free to call me on it if they fail to materialize.

It's Monday and I'm counting this as one for this week.  I realize that as a post, it's not much; but it is what it is and I have too much to do and a nap to take before going in to work the mid-shift tonight. The week ahead will be full and I'm looking forward to the coming weekend when we get to see Aaron and Jenny; but I owe you two more posts and I'll make certain to deliver them before next week rolls around.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Getting started, personal stuff | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • Livin' the Good Life
    I have a pretty good   great life. You probably have a pretty good life, too; maybe even a great life. However, I have found that I can ta...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Benefits of Regular Posts
    I am not a regular blogger. When I started Out of My Hat , I thought that it would be nice to post something a couple of times a week or so....
  • Tell Your Story
    In reading through the Gospels,, we find stories of a people that had unusual encounters with Jesus. They were unusual in that Jesus was abl...
  • The Preacher That Didn't Preach
    Wow! Talk about your oxymoron. Most of the time you can't get a preacher to stop preaching. How rare is it that you can find one that do...
  • The Downside of Bible Study
    If studying the Bible is meant to bring us closer to God, the downside is the realization of just how far away from Him we are to begin with...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Texting
      • The Month Ahead
      • What Happened to the Week? ...And Where Was God Wh...
      • No Napping on My Watch!
      • Left Behind?
      • Religious survey
      • Christianity...as a Hobby
      • 1st Week Fail
      • The Resurrection
      • Guilty
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile