Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Quick Note...

Posted on 06:52 by Unknown
I've been working on spending less time on the computer or online via my phone.  I am keeping up with fewer blogs and reading less in the way of polarizing news stories. I am continuing to read educational articles and articles that are of interest to me.

And I've also been writing less. Of course, the writing less is more a lack of discipline rather than by design. This week's morning computer time has been given over to preparation for Sunday morning's message.

I am really looking forward to Sunday. If you are in the area, I invite you to come and worship with us at Hopedale at 8:30 or 11. If you are not in the area or are unable to attend, you can worship with us via our online feed at Hopedale.org for the 11 o'clock (1600 UTC for my overseas friends) service. (I'd link for you but I'm on my phone and haven't figured that out yet.)

I hope that you'll join us.

For tonight, I'm looking forward to meeting Aaron for the Blues hockey game.

I have a good life. God has blessed me greatly.

John <><


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • Livin' the Good Life
    I have a pretty good   great life. You probably have a pretty good life, too; maybe even a great life. However, I have found that I can ta...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • The Benefits of Regular Posts
    I am not a regular blogger. When I started Out of My Hat , I thought that it would be nice to post something a couple of times a week or so....
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...
  • Tell Your Story
    In reading through the Gospels,, we find stories of a people that had unusual encounters with Jesus. They were unusual in that Jesus was abl...
  • The Preacher That Didn't Preach
    Wow! Talk about your oxymoron. Most of the time you can't get a preacher to stop preaching. How rare is it that you can find one that do...
  • Weekend Thoughts
    It's nice to be able to sit on the deck with my coffee and computer and reminisce about the weekend. I really enjoyed my return to Zion ...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ▼  May (1)
      • Quick Note...
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile