Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 23 March 2013

Rats! I'm becoming one of those people...

Posted on 08:58 by Unknown
I'm afraid that my recent neglect of blogging has been in part due to my new toy -- a smart phone.

I have been skipping time with the laptop and getting online info from my phone. Unfortunately, posting to my blog from my phone is not a pleasant experience. I'm either going to have to go back to bringing my laptop to work for my breaks or just deciding to spend the time to sit down and write.

The good news is that I am still able to follow all of you other bloggers and keep up with your regular posts.

I am going to have to make the effort to not become a person that is so attached to the world through his phone that it becomes on of those gotta have at all times kind of things. So far it's not too bad. Recently, I found myself on an airplane and realized that I hadn't even downloaded any games that I could play without an internet link! Smart phones apparently work better for smart people!

I have corrected that oversight and downloaded a few other apps, as well. I have to say that one of my favorites is the YouVersion bible app. A few months ago, Pastor Terry mentioned that there really is no good reason for most of us to not be reading our bibles daily; that with smart phones and tablets, we can have our daily bible reading at any time. Pick your plan, pick your translation, read daily!

I (of course) have the social media apps a few games and several that were on the phone that I don't use.

What are your favorite apps? What apps would make my life easier? Which ones will make me smarter?
I know that I am greatly under-utilizing the technology that my phone offers--and I'm okay with that. I'm certain that I'll learn as I go and as others share their experiences and knowledge with me. Until then, I'm going to be cautious about over-using my phone and becoming dependent on AT&T for all of life's most recent updates.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in personal stuff, rant | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • Livin' the Good Life
    I have a pretty good   great life. You probably have a pretty good life, too; maybe even a great life. However, I have found that I can ta...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • The Benefits of Regular Posts
    I am not a regular blogger. When I started Out of My Hat , I thought that it would be nice to post something a couple of times a week or so....
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...
  • Tell Your Story
    In reading through the Gospels,, we find stories of a people that had unusual encounters with Jesus. They were unusual in that Jesus was abl...
  • The Preacher That Didn't Preach
    Wow! Talk about your oxymoron. Most of the time you can't get a preacher to stop preaching. How rare is it that you can find one that do...
  • Weekend Thoughts
    It's nice to be able to sit on the deck with my coffee and computer and reminisce about the weekend. I really enjoyed my return to Zion ...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ▼  March (12)
      • Thinking Ahead...
      • Out of the mouths of babes...
      • Note to readers
      • Surprising Information on Bible Sales
      • A Timely Re-run
      • Rats! I'm becoming one of those people...
      • Completely Irrational
      • St.Louis, Schlafly Bottleworks, Iron Barley and mo...
      • The Ministry Month in Review
      • Too Busy To Write
      • Mobile Posting Today
      • Re-charged!
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile