Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 16 February 2013

It's Showtime!

Posted on 09:05 by Unknown
Today begins the first of three consecutive weekends with shows. Tonight I'll be at the First Baptist Church of Washburn MO. I'll be doing a program that follows their Valentine dinner. Several years ago, I did a Sunday morning program for this pastor while he served at a different area church. It's always nice to be asked to come back by a pastor/church!

Next weekend is the annual Pulaski County Evangelism Conference. I was unable to attend last year's conference but am thrilled to be invited back for this year's event. The four-day conference begins with a "music-fest" on Saturday night that features the music evangelists. It's a fun night of worship through song led by several different singers/groups. There is a short time set aside for some guy to share a message using magic. On Sunday morning and evening, all of the evangelists will be in various churches around the association. Then there are morning and evening sessions on Monday and Tuesday that provide opportunities for pastors and churches to hear the evangelists preach and the singers sing. It's a nice get together for the evangelists and a chance for pastors to book us for events for the coming year.

The first weekend of March I'll be travelling back to Chicago for an annual All Church Event at Holy Trinity Church. This is the church where my son and daughter in law serve, so I get the added bonus of a visit with them!

We have plans to spend the following weekend in St. Louis to relax with family and friends. If you are with a St. Louis are church and are up for a guest preacher that weekend, there will be two of us available!

Time to start getting things together for tonight's show!
Have a great weekend!

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in conference, magic | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...
  • Just random notes...
    It's a rare Friday morning that I get to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. On most Fridays, I'm just getting off of work after a mid sh...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ▼  February (7)
      • Random Thoughts...
      • It's Showtime!
      • Politics: As Usual
      • One of My Favorite Things...
      • Writing Critique Group
      • Old Blogging Habits and Other Old Habits
      • Superbowl Sunday: Who Wins? and Does it Really Mat...
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile