Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 5 August 2012

Socialism? Please Explain.

Posted on 20:04 by Unknown
I didn't get any takers on my post asking for some clarification on how the PPACA became a bad thing to the party that originally proposed it. So let me ask a second question--another one that I don't understand but have a pretty good idea of why things are the way they are.

How is Obamacare socialism?

Medical care is not provided for by the government.
Medical care is not paid for by the government.
Medical insurance is not provided for nor paid for by the government.

If you get sick and need medical care, the doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies still set the cost of health care and profit.
If you don't get sick, the insurance companies that have collected your premiums still profit.

Tax dollars aren't used to pay for health care.
The government doesn't make money from health care.

Of course, it's not socialism.
As a matter of fact, for me, very little will change. I'll pay my portion of my employer provided insurance plan. I'll meet my deductible and pay my copay each time I use that insurance plan and they tell me that I've used it for a covered service. If the service is not covered, I'll still have to pay the entire cost myself.

That's not socialism.

Obamacare became socialized medicine when the conservative spin doctors decided that it would take that kind of tag to make it objectionable to otherwise reasonable people. They knew that their faithful followers often accept their rants as the truth and played on the trust their viewers and listeners have placed in them. Shame on them.
And shame on those that continue to trust them after they know that they've been played.

So that's my take.
If there is somebody that can offer a correction to my way of thinking and show me how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is socialized medicine, I would greatly appreciate it. As I mentioned before--

I am so confused.
Please help.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in politics, rant | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • The Christmas Story
    Merry Christmas! John
  • Just random notes...
    It's a rare Friday morning that I get to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. On most Fridays, I'm just getting off of work after a mid sh...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ▼  August (10)
      • I'm Picking Another Fight!
      • How Much Faith Do You Have?
      • A Question for My Evangelical Friends
      • Marking Time ...
      • Did You Know...
      • I Know How You Feel
      • Socialism? Please Explain.
      • For the Record
      • I Need Help in Understanding PPACA
      • Once More on Chick-fil-A
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile