Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 4 October 2011

What I Like About ... Chris

Posted on 07:46 by Unknown
Today is my wife's birthday.
Happy Birthday, Chris.

I figured that this would be an ideal day to write a What I Like About ... post to honor Chris!

What I Like About ...
Chris

Chris is funny.  Many people never really get to the funny side of Chris. She loves to laugh. I'll admit that I don't always find the same things funny, but at least I enjoy her laughter (and occasional snort!)

In so many ways, Chris stabilizes our family.  Before we had kids, it was Chris that insisted that we find a church where we could both worship our God. After we had kids, there were many Sundays that she got the kids ready and went without me because I was working and she wasn't going to let that keep her from going to church or from bringing up our kids in church.  She has stayed home with the kids when I've been on trips for NATCA or for ministry events. She has been to a number of school programs solo because I was at work.  She loves her kids and loves being a mom.

Chris is a wonderful cook.  She seldom uses recipes; she just seasons until it tastes right ... and it usually does!  We don't cook at home as often as we used to, but I enjoyed our family meals when the kids were at home and I enjoy our meals now, at home or at a restaurant.

In a way, it's odd that we ended up together -- we don't like the same kind of tv shows or movies, she doesn't like sports, she doesn't share my passion for coffee or really spicy foods (although she eats foods that are spicy by normal standards), we just don't have a lot of the same interests when it comes to our leisure time.

We both like Ted Drewe's!

On the other hand, we tend to complete each other (more of a task for her than for me).  Where I am unorganized, she is organized. Where I am sloppy, she is neat.  I am more of a spender, she is more of a saver (although she does pretty well in the spending area, too!). She stays more focused, I tend to procrastinate.

All-in-all, Chris makes me a better me.
Happy Birthday, Chris!
I love you.

John<><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in personal stuff, What I Like About ... | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ▼  October (11)
      • The Celebration is Coming
      • Better Than a World Series Win
      • Yes! I'm a Fan!
      • Amazing Grace
      • A Great Night in Galena MO
      • Crusade
      • A Tribute to the Parents of Steve Jobs
      • Spanning the Globe
      • What I Like About ... Chris
      • What I Like About ... Work
      • The Week Ahead
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile