Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 30 June 2011

Half Past 2011

Posted on 13:11 by Unknown
Wow! What has happened to the first half of 2011?
Actually, even though today marks the end of the first six months of the year, half way by number of days won't be for another day or so. Still -- the year seems to be flying by!

This will be my thirteenth post for the month of June; slightly off the 3 posts per week that I set as a writing goal. All-in-all, I'm happy with that. Vacation, camp, just being busy -- all are excuses that I've used, but still managed to post more than any month so far this year (and more than a third of this year's total posts).

I've noticed that more of my posts are centered around my spiritual beliefs and philosophy; less are about government, politics or general rants. There are still the occasional nobody-really-cares-about-my-personal-life-but-it's-my-blog kind of posts.  And of course, the rare post on magic, performing, etc. Out of My Hat has changed a bit over the past few years. It's still just a place for me to write. I certainly enjoy the wide readership that I have experienced over the years and look forward to your comments (so please leave them).  I never expected to have readers from around the globe and from so many different backgrounds.  As the regularity of my posts has declined, so has the overall readership. Thanks to the faithful that still stop by to see what's posted from time to time.

Somebody recently asked me if I'd done any more writing on my book (from my very first post).  The answer, of course, is no.  I have had some other ideas on books to be written, but none has managed to be more than that -- an idea.  It seems that I don't even have the time to record my random thoughts here. Where am I going to find the time to purposefully write a book?

I do have some new thoughts on blogging and will be asking what you think about them in the coming weeks.  If you read regularly and are on Facebook, I really appreciate it when you share a post that you like with your friends. There is a Facebook icon at the bottom of each post that makes it easy.  If you want to "friend" me and follow Out of My Hat from Facebook, you can do that here.  Please add a comment to your friend request to let me know that you're a blog reader so that I don't just ignore your request.  You can also add your name to the small list of followers about halfway down the right-side column.

I am looking forward to the second half of 2011.  I know that it will be filled with both challenges and opportunities (much like the first half was). I look forward to hearing from you in the remainder of the year and, as always, would enjoy the opportunity to meet you. If you are looking for a family getaway, Southwest Missouri has much to offer. Let me know if you're going to be in the neighborhood.

John <><
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Getting started, personal stuff | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Half Past 2011
      • Bureaucratic Nonsense
      • Love Wins
      • Time for a Break
      • Morning thoughts
      • Just a quick note to say that we had an awesome fi...
      • Starting the Day
      • Priorities
      • Purpose Driven: Thinking Out Loud (so to speak)
      • Kids Against Hunger
      • Tell Your Story
      • And the Fun Begins...
      • Back to real Life ...
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile