Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 6 November 2010

What Would Happen If...

Posted on 08:13 by Unknown
I found about about this political candidate from a relative on Facebook (thanks Sharon). Apparently Mr. Phil Woolas is losing his seat because his campaign ads were deceptive and attacked the honor and character of his opponent.

What would our Congress look like today if false ads were banned from political campaigns with the consequence being disqualification and not being able to run again in the next election? One thing is certain--candidates wouldn't need to raise so much money to put out the number of lying ads that are out there.

Of course, here in the USA there would also have to be something done about the Citizens United Supreme Court decision that allows large corporations to lie anonymously on a candidates behalf.
Wouldn't it be nice if the people that we elected to office were honorable people that had some personal integrity? Wouldn't it be nice if they couldn't be bought or bullied into making decisions? Wouldn't it be nice if they could actually talk to one another and work out differences without resorting to temper tantrums, lying, name calling and behaviors more likely to be found in a junior high student council (my apologies to the junior high council members)?

We do have laws that keep people from lying...slander, libel. Why don't they apply to campaign ads?

All-in-all, I have to say that I'm glad it's over for this election cycle. We ought to have a few months of the normal sex filled beer commercials and normal false stories and inflammatory reporting from Fox News. The return to the normal everyday lying and hype that we've grown accustomed to will be a relief!

John
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in politics, rant | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • Livin' the Good Life
    I have a pretty good   great life. You probably have a pretty good life, too; maybe even a great life. However, I have found that I can ta...
  • The Benefits of Regular Posts
    I am not a regular blogger. When I started Out of My Hat , I thought that it would be nice to post something a couple of times a week or so....
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • Citizen by Birth; Citizen by Choice
    According to my younger sister, 50 years ago today my mother became a United States citizen. I remember a few years ago when the spouse of a...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • The Preacher That Didn't Preach
    Wow! Talk about your oxymoron. Most of the time you can't get a preacher to stop preaching. How rare is it that you can find one that do...
  • Tell Your Story
    In reading through the Gospels,, we find stories of a people that had unusual encounters with Jesus. They were unusual in that Jesus was abl...
  • Weekend Thoughts
    It's nice to be able to sit on the deck with my coffee and computer and reminisce about the weekend. I really enjoyed my return to Zion ...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ▼  November (3)
      • Overkill?
      • What Would Happen If...
      • Voting: Your Christian Duty?
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile