Out of My Hat

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Kid's Camps

Posted on 07:04 by Unknown
School is out and it's time for summer camps! I can't believe it's been almost four years since I wrote this post on kids! Maybe I'm mellowing as I approach 50 or maybe the little buggers are just wearing me down, but they really don't seem as bad as they used to be. This year(as always), I'm really looking forward to the upcoming camps.

Friday begins the Children's camp for Hopedale Baptist Church. I know that we're expecting 60+ kids (3rd-6th graders, I think) and we'll be there through Monday morning. This year our theme is "Who Are You?" We'll be taking a CSI approach at looking at our character as Christians and our relationship to God through His Son, Jesus.

Monday afternoon the kids arrive for the TriCounty Association camp. That will go on through Thursday night. Once again, the young adults at Sports Crusaders will be at camp with us.

Then on Monday, June 14, I'll drive across the state to spend an evening with the girls at the Mineral Area Association Girl's Camp.

It will be a busy couple of weeks. For those of you that are prayer minded, remember me over the next few weeks. Work is still apart of my schedule (the first to camps are close enough to drive back and forth--working a couple of day shifts and midnight shifts), as well as my annual MWT on the 10th of June. (That's always a blast!)

I hope that your June is as fun packed as mine.

John.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in fun stuff, magic, message | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Way. The Truth. The Life.
    From time to time I feel the need to make this very clear to my readers and friends. I have a number of friends that are not followers of Je...
  • The Old Farmer's Almanac
    I know that The Old Farmer's Almanac is one of those outdated publications that just keeps hanging on. I would guess that the informati...
  • Tell Your Story
    Last Sunday, I once again issued the challenge to tell somebody that needs to know Jesus as Savior that God loves them and Jesus died for th...
  • The Weekend in Review
    I hope that you all had a great weekend! I started my weekend by getting a little bit of raking and burning of the leaves in my back yard. T...
  • A Snowy Day in the Ozarks
    The snow started last night around 8 o'clock and has been falling ever since. It started as a fine powdery snow but the flakes are star...
  • What's it Worth?
    Do you believe in Heaven? I know that not everybody believes in heaven. And I know that not everybody's beliefs about heaven are the sa...
  • The Best of 2009
    One of the other blogs that I frequent recently ran a "Best of 2009" by picking one favorite post from each month. I was re-readi...
  • Keep Looking Up
    I hope that God blesses you with clear skies tonight. It isn't too often that we get to see a total eclipse of the moon.  At just after ...
  • The Importance of a Dad
    I am currently reading a book called Apologetics For a New Generation . In the third chapter I ran across some interesting statistics from ...
  • Thoughts on Community
    This weekend is little bit less active than the past few have been. Chris is working today (one of those few Saturdays that she gets schedul...

Categories

  • apologetics (5)
  • ATC (14)
  • books (2)
  • camp (3)
  • Christmas (38)
  • conference (2)
  • family (6)
  • Favorite Bible Stories (25)
  • food (3)
  • fun stuff (55)
  • Getting started (12)
  • health (3)
  • insight (20)
  • magic (27)
  • message (114)
  • missions (7)
  • personal stuff (205)
  • politics (62)
  • rant (178)
  • religion (107)
  • sports (6)
  • survey (6)
  • trivia (20)
  • video (44)
  • What I Like About ... (24)
  • writing (20)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (89)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (89)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2010 (94)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ▼  June (5)
      • Saturday Morning
      • Just Waiting...
      • Catching up
      • C. S. I.
      • Kid's Camps
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2009 (70)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile